Re-Opening Task Force
For the past sixteen months our congregational "in-person" life has been on hold. Our Board, staff, and so many volunteers have worked diligently and with loving hearts to hold us all together in spirit and to keep our connections strong while we followed the science, tracked the numbers, applauded the vaccine, and eagerly awaited the right moment to return in person. Your Board, in concert with the RTF (Returning Task Force) have chosen Sunday, July 25, 2021 as our return-to-person service. We are currently finalizing protocols and working to make this a safe and enjoyable experience for all who choose to return and for those who choose to remain online. The recent numbers in Central FL have given us pause and we acknowledge that there is some concern and we know we will continue to live in this "cone of uncertainty" (to borrow a term from our hurricane lexicon) for a while.
Please take the time to review our ReOpening Protocols posted here. You may reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with any questions or comments. We, the members of this University Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, continue to hold all our members and friends in our hearts and will continue to monitor, evaluate, and connect with you on a continual basis. Thank you for being part of our family.
Welcome Back to the Sanctuary for Sunday Service!
The Board welcomes everyone, congregants and guests, back to the sanctuary for Sunday service beginning 25 July.
We all know that the Covid-19 pandemic is far from over. And we recognize the continuing risk as the Delta variant spreads and cases and hospitalizations start to surge around us. The welfare of the University Unitarian Universalist Fellowship (UUUF) is our No. 1 concern. Our Unitarian Universalist values of safety and inclusion call on us all to minimize risk.
Some quick guidelines to keep us safe:
- If you do not feel comfortable returning on the 25th, come back when you're ready! Please know you are always welcome!!!
- In the meantime, join us online (Facebook or YouTube) and enjoy the streaming service. Make the best decision for yourself and your family on how best to engage with UUUF during this transitional period.
- Please stay home if you feel unwell, are experiencing symptoms (e.g., cough, sore throat, chills, fever, body aches, the new loss of taste, etc.), or have had contact with someone infected with Covid-19 within the past 14 days.
- Face Masks are now required during indoor, in-person Sunday Service. This revision applies to all members, guests, and Religious Education (RE), as well as those using the wiggle room and adults that meet in our RE building on Sunday mornings. See RE guidelines and protocols.
- We will not ask about your vaccination status.
- We ask everyone to socially distance (3-feet between you and others) and to position an empty chair between individuals or family/household groups in the sanctuary during service.
- Please continue to wash hands with soap regularly and disinfect surfaces, when possible.
- Try not to congregate in large numbers inside the library, sanctuary, or hallway.
- Be advised that the Religious Education (RE) Building, as well as the Wiggle Room, are following their own RE guidelines and protocols until mid-August.
- All of us appreciate the importance of hugs! Please consider how much physical contact you want to give and/or accept during this transitional period. And always feel free to opt-out.