DRE Job Posting
Religious Education Coordinator
University Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, Inc. (UUUF)
The purpose of the University Unitarian Universalist Fellowship in Orlando FL is to promote and sustain liberal religious worship, study, service, and community engagement. The congregation was founded in 1993 and currently has 100 members and approximately 18 youth in religious education programming.
The RE Coordinator will implement the children’s religious education program at UUUF, providing a welcoming, safe, and stimulating educational program for children and their families.
This is a half-time (exempt) position. Hours worked will include Sunday mornings, some scheduled office hours, a monthly board meeting, and flexible virtual hours as needed.
Specific job duties include:
● Supervising the education curriculum, calendar, and RE staff (paid and volunteer)
● Being present on Sunday to oversee the RE program. Sunday hours include coordinating staff to cover pre-service and after-service childcare and special events on occasion.
● General administrative tasks, including monitoring the RE budget, buying supplies for programs, attending staff meetings, and preparing materials.
● Communicating clearly about programming with parents, congregants, and staff members
The Religious Education Coordinator is supervised by the Minister and works closely with the Religious Education Committee and the Fellowship Board of Directors.
Qualifications and skills
An ideal candidate will have the following:
● Familiarity with Unitarian Universalism, our liberal religious theology values (preferred)
● Experience working with children in an educational or spiritual setting with strong classroom management skills
● Understanding of how to assist children and teachers in making sure the program is inclusive for children with different learning styles and needs
● Ability to work with limited supervision, take initiative, provide leadership, and prioritize tasks effectively
● A good understanding of word processing, spreadsheets, google docs, etc.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent life experience
This is a half-time position with some paid vacation, a health stipend, and a contribution to a retirement plan. We support the UUA fair compensation guidelines.
Résumé and cover letter should be sent to: personnel@UUUF.org